Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August Birchbox- Finishing School Review


Well today is the day of reviewing firsts. Ipsy, which I just reviewed, and Birchbox were my very first subscription boxes. And, oh boy, look what that started. Haha.




Birchbox is one of those boxes that I have a love/hate relationship with. There are months that I really love, and other months that I really hate. However, Birchbox always makes it up to by offering to give me a $1 in birchbox points if I review the samples I get So I never can be too upset with my monthly Birchbox.



What is Birchbox?


If you have never heard of Birchbox, well you should definitely get in the loop. Birchbox sends their monthly beauty boxes out each month. Each box is full of makeup, skincare items, hair products, and more. Birchbox has really opened itself up to being a lifestyle box as well. And each month it costs $10. There is also a Birchbox Man box, which cost $20 per month.





August Finishing School
Birchbox



This month’s Birchbox focused on products that zoned in on the details.  Birchbox also collaborated with Ann Taylor to bring fall’s best accessory trends, and an exclusive offer for Birchbox members.


Dr. Jart’s Premium BB Cream



I am not the biggest fan of BB Cream, and have found with the many samples that I get in boxes I really have not taken to any of them. I have not tried this one however, so I will give this a try.


Whish Exfoliating Body Wash


This is a coconut scrub that smells great. I received the shave cream in a Birchbox a couple months ago, and really liked that, so I am excited to give Whish another try.



MIYU Beauty de-stress me beauty essence and tea



This is a facial mist that is used to help keep you calm, mixed with the tea it is a perfect de-stressor. I can always use a little help de-stressing at the end of a day.



Whish Inhibiting Deodorant Swipe



This was my beauty extra item. This deodorant swipe is said to not only tack odor, but also help slow hair growth. Sounds great, but I have never used a deodorant swipe before. Always have to try something once.


OCB Professional Mattifying Gel


I really do like products that say they are going to make my skin look less shiny. I gave this a try the other day since it was pretty hot out, was not sure if it really did take away the shine. I am going to give it another try.

TICKLED PINK OPINION:  I am not disappointed with this month’s Birchbox, however, I am also not overly excited about this month’s box.  I really was excited to see that this month’s box had some great body wash, and I the de-stressor and tea will come in handy. I never really like to get foil packets as samples, which I got two of this month, but I will most definitely get use out of them. I already cannot wait to see what is in September’s box.

If you would like to see past month’s Birchboxes you can see HERE or HERE.  And if you would like to sign up for Birchbox you can sign up HERE.

What did you think of August’s  Birchbox?  What was included in your box?

Until next time
Stay Tickled Pink,


Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment