Monday, April 29, 2013

Best of April- Ipsy AND Birchbox


I try and usually post the boxes or bags that I get soon after I receive them, or as soon as I can. However, for April's Ipsy Glam Bag and Birchbox, I have decided to do a best of April picks.  Change things around a little bit.

Without further ado here are the boxes and bags.

April’s PRETTY IN PINK IPSY GLAM BAG-




What was included:
  • Beabombshell  Blush in Beach Please

  • Two Cosmetic Heartache Duo Eye Shadows

  • Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Argan Oil

  • Sation Nail Lacquer for Ipsy in Love at First Bite; and

  • Pretty in Pink Glam Bag

MY TWO PICKS FOR THE 
"THE BEST OF"
FOR IPSY PRETTY IN PINK GLAM BAG




Beabombsehll Blush in Beach Please

This was a full size blush, and let me tell you it is awesome. My first reaction when I opened it, was that it was not my color. It looks hot, hot pink. However, I wanted to give it a try. After using it, a little goes a long way with this one, I thought it was just perfect. I does give you that just pinched my cheeks, pink, looks, which I love.  What really impressed me about this blush, is that it did not fade throughout the day. Many of the times I will put blush on in the morning, and then mid through the day, I wonder if I had even put any one. This Beabombshell blush really impressed me.  And this retails for $16 in the stores, so I already paid for my Ipsy bag.  Wonderful!

Two Cosmetic Heartache Duo Eye Shadows

I have always leaned more towards neutral browns and earthy colors on my eyes, until recently. A couple eye shadows that I have received lately have been pink tones. I also have read a couple articles on using your blush as an eye shadow. So I thought I would give it a try. I didn’t think I could pull it off. However, the pink tones fit perfectly, and look so natural on the eye lids. You add a little black eyeliner, and it adds that extra POP. I really love changing my style and makeup up here and there, so this was a great eye shadow duo to receive.

And Next...

APRIL’S WOMEN HEALTH MAGAZINE’S

BIRCHBOX




I first have to tell you that I was so excited for this box. I anxiously awaited when they first revealed that they were teaming up with Women's Health. But did not know when they were sending them out.  So I was excited to see it was April’s box. I had actually thought the box would be a limited edition box.  The only thing I was hoping out of this Women’s Health magazine was something geared more towards health. I do not think any of the products really projected healthy physical or mental living, just to take care of the beauty side of an individual. That being said, I still loved, loved my box.

Here is what was included:
  • J.R. Watkins Hand and Cuticle Slave;

  • Kiehl’s Powerful- Strength Line Reducing Concentrate;
  • Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lipstick;

  • Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixur; and
  • BONUS:  Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-On; and

  • 1 year of Women's Health Magazine.



MY TWO PICKS FOR 
"THE BEST OF" 
BIRCHBOX WOMEN'S HEALTH APRIL BOX ARE:




Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-On

This is amazing. I had used an eye cream before with a similar tip, but was not a roller-ball. I think this roller-ball is so great for the eyes. It will not put as much pressure as using your fingers, thus lessen the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Also. this stuff really works. I have been using it every night before I go to bed, and I really can see the difference in the morning. I see less dark circles when I wake up, and firmer skin. A winner in my court!

1 year of Women's Health Magazine

I know this is not a product that I can use right now, as I just put my postcard in the mail to start my subscription. However, I love this magazine. I used to have a subscription a couple years back, and for some reason it got cancelled. So I was so excited to see a 1 year free offer from Birchbox. What I think is pretty great of Birchbox and Women's Health Magazine is that they also gave the option to get $10, if you do not want to magazine. $10 Pays for the Birchbox. I am very impressed!

Overall, Yes, it was hard to pick to, but I thought I would do something diffferent. If you are interested in seeing what has been in other Ipsy Glam Bags or Birchboxes, you can go HERE or HERE

What was your top picks this month?

Until next time
Stay Tickled Pink,
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. Oh I want to try the J.R. Watkins Hand and Cuticle Salve!

    ReplyDelete