Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Versatile Blogger Award



I wanted to take the time to say thank you to gals at The Happy Sloths blog. They have nominated me for the Versatile Bloggers Award, and I could not be more ecstatic.  Please check them out HERE, if you have not. As a very new blogger, I was quite excited that people were actuallyreading my blog. However, I am very thankful that people are actually interested in reading what I have to share.  So thank you Jasmine and Angela  at The Happy Sloths blog for recognizing me.

I am sure everyone is wondering though, What is the Versatile Bloggers Award. You can see who started it HERE.  And although you are nominated, you also are immediately a winner. Whoo-hoo.  I think it is a great way to discover new blogs and to have your own blog become more discovered.

As part of the Versatile Blogger Award each blogger nominated shares “7 Things About Me” to the blog that nominated them.  And then nominates other blogs for the Versatile Blogger Award. 

 7 Things About Me that you do not know:

1) I love reading and listening to audio books. I currently have a subscription to Audible.com, and listen to about 2-3 books every month. It all started when I had a really long drive to work, and I was just sick of the radio. So, to keep me entertained I turned to audio books, and I was hooked.  Too be honest, my favorite audio books are the Harry Potter series that I listened to. I would recommend audio books to all.


2) Although I try my hardest to eat healthy, I could live off of french fries and peanut butter. I think that the peanut butter needs to be hidden from me most days, because I have the tendency to wake up, and have a midnight snack, which consists of a spoonful of peanut butter.  The weird thing is, I only like plain peanut butter. I am not a big fan of peanut butter sandwiches or peanut butter candy. For me you can hold the bread and the jelly, I will just take the peanut butter please.  


3) I am very, very clumsy.  I have been falling down since I was young. When I was little my parents would have to tell me to stop running because they were afraid I would fall down. Evidentially,  when I was younger I would fall down all the time and skin my knees on the sidewalk, especially when I was running. (Yes, this has happened more recently as well). I definitely have the skinned knees to show for these falls now.  My clumsiness has led to falling off beds, knocking into cabinets and desks (many other inanimate objects as well) , and bumping my head into doors. Sometimes I even have bumps and bruises I cannot begin to explain where they came from. I do get a lot of teasing about this. I think sometimes my fiancé’ thinks I need to be put in a bubble, so I do not get hurt.

4) I currently have 3 jobs or passions .  My daytime/full time, get paid for regularly job, is at a law firm. I have been a Paralegal for about 7 ½ years now.  This is what I got my Bachelors degree to do. However, this does not allow for much activity or creativity. So, I also work promotional and marketing work/ events.  Promotional and Marketing work allows me to be around people, be social and attend pretty neat events.  And the next job, and more of a passion, is working on this blog, and getting to be creative. I love writing. I love to do anything where my creativity can come out.

5) Next, I would love to share with everyone that I am Japanese.  I have been confused as many other ethnicities, but I am mostly Japanese (from my Mother’s side), with a little German and Portuguese (from my Father’s side) mixed in. I would love to go to Japan someday and learn more about my ancestry.


6) I love watching The Bachelor and Bachelorette show. I cannot tell you another show that I love more than this one. Yes, this might seem weird, but I just love watching people find love. Well, you hope they are finding true love. My favorite “Bachelorette” was Emily Maynard. She was such a sweetheart. So sad that love did not work out for her. I have hope for her yet.  And, my favorite “Bachelor” is, from this last season, Sean Lowe. And yes, I was so excited he picked Catherine, since she was a Seattle girl just like me.  I actually think Sean and Catherine found real love. Yes, I am a sap and hopeless romantic as well.

7) And last, I love children.  I used to be a nanny, and would have loved to stay in that line of work or become a teacher. However, it was just not in the cards for me. However, I get the great opportunity to help take care of my fiancé’s 2 year old little girl, and I could not be more in love with her. We have so much fun, all three of us. I could not think of a better way to spend my weekends than doing some coloring, playing with Playdough, or taking little outing to the park.  I do think of her as my own, and although I know I will not take the place of her mother,  I am truly blessed to have her and my fiancé’ in my life.

And now that everyone knows a little more about me (drum roll please) Here are my nominations for VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD 


Until next time


Stay Tickled Pink,
Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. OMG, audio books are like my favorite too! The best I found was To Kill A Mocking Bird read by Sissy Spacek and Lolita read by Jeremy Irons (also the whole Princess Diaries Series), you HAVE to check them out! To me the reader's voice and how he/she reads the book is very important!

    Also, I think it's so great that you are making time to blog. I too agree with you about the lack of opportunity to be creative in certain aspects of life. I study biology, and I don't know man, hard to be creative with those pesky lab reports. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look those books up, they sound good. I have read To Kill a Mocking Bird when I was in high school, but maybe on audio it is better. Right now I am listening to Life of Pi. I haven't watched the movie yet, because I wanted to read the book first. I am sure the book is better. I am a strong believer that books are so much better than the movie.

      I just wish I could turn time back each day, time just flies. I would spend all day on my blog if I could. Haha :)

      Lab Reports, oh I remember those. Even though I was a political science /communications major, I loved biology and enviro. science. My roomie was a bio major, and she always seemed to be having way more fun than I was.

      Delete